The construction industry isn’t generally well regarded for its approach to staff training and motivation. But at Oakwood we understand the link between our staff and the quality of the final result. Better skilled staff that are better motivated deliver better results. Better results generates more customers which in turn grows our business. It’s that simple.
By adopting the approach of employing our own full-time construction staff we are able to build and consistently deliver an integrated training programme covering craft skills, basic skills (literacy, numeracy, and so on) as well as management coaching.
It’s a training programme that delivers real results. We’ve got the accolades to prove it:
- Investors in People (2002)
- Nominated for Master Builder of the Year 2003 (by 3 different customers)
- Henley Business Award 2004 for Customer and Staff Care
- National Training Award (2004)
- Special National Training Award (2004)
- Winner of the Apprentice Skill-Build Competition (South East) 2005
- Oxfordshire Apprentice of the Year (Year 2) 2005
- Oxfordshire Apprentice of the Year (Year 3) 2005
- Oxfordshire Business Awards Environmental (Finalist) 2006
- Investors in People (2006)
This makes us very proud. And makes our customers confident that when they engage Oakwood for their building project they’ll be dealing with fully trained and motivated crafts people … and not just ‘builders’.